New York Lottery Promotion
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES 8/10/2020
New York Lottery SKEE-BALL®
8/11/2020 – 10/19/2020
Scratch-off Game #1442
NEW YORK LOTTERY SKEE-BALL®
How it shall work
The New York State Gaming Commission (“Commission”), operator of the New York Lottery (“New York Lottery”) will run the SKEE-BALL® Scratch-Off Promotion between August 11, 2020 and October 19, 2020 (“the Promotion”). Players (referred to herein as “players” or “entrants”) may enter by purchasing an eligible New York Lottery Scratch-off ticket (See 2(d) Eligibility Requirements, below) during the promotion period. Players enter the Promotion by visiting NYLskeeball.com or nylottery.ny.gov where a player must register by entering all required player information to verify identity (i.e., legal name, address, e-mail address, birthdate, phone number, last 4 digits of social security number) and entering information from an eligible game ticket, as outlined in Section 2(d) Eligibility Requirements, below. For each eligible ticket entered into the Promotion, the player shall receive entry into promotional drawings for a chance to win a prize.
2. Promotion Detail
a. Game Tickets Qualifying for Promotion
Any non-winning New York Lottery SKEE-BALL® Scratch-off ticket (game #1442) purchased through a sales agent licensed to sell New York Lottery products or at a New York Lottery Customer Service Center during the promotion period constitutes a qualifying game ticket for this Promotion.
b. Promotion Period - Effective Date(s)/Draws Eligible
The Promotion receives entries from Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET through Monday, October 19, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET). The entry periods for the Bi-Weekly Drawings constitute the “promotion period.”
Eligible entries shall be selected at random for each drawing held in connection with the Promotion, following the schedule below:
August 11, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM (ET)
August 24, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM (ET)
August 25, 2020
August 25, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM (ET)
September 7, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM (ET)
September 8, 2020
September 8, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM (ET)
September 21, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM (ET)
September 22, 2020
September 22, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM (ET)
October 5, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM (ET)
October 6, 2020
October 6, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM (ET)
October 19, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM (ET)
October 20, 2020
*Drawings shall be conducted on or about the dates indicated on the schedule.
To enter the Promotion, entrants must be a registered player at either NYLskeeball.com or nylottery.ny.gov. A player may register by creating a new account or log-in using an existing New York Lottery account. For each eligible ticket entered into the Promotion, the player shall receive entry into promotional drawings for a chance to win a prize.
d. Eligibility Requirements
- Valid New York Lottery Scratch-off tickets that meet the criteria in 2(a) Game Tickets Qualifying for Promotion, above, shall be eligible for entry in the Promotion; provided, however, that tickets must not have been stolen and tickets must pass required validation tests of the Commission. Any ticket not passing validation requirements is void and ineligible for consideration as a component of play for this Promotion.
- Players using either website for registration and entry must enter the fourteen-digit entry number from the front of each eligible non-winning Scratch-off ticket under the scratch-off surface and the fourteen-digit Ticket Number from the back of the ticket above the barcode.
- For each eligible ticket successfully processed into the Promotion in an Entry Period an entrant shall receive one entry for that Entry Period drawing.
- Registered players may enter up to twenty-five (25) eligible tickets per day. The clock starts at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ends the following day at 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
- Any ticket previously entered into any New York Lottery promotion shall not be eligible for the Promotion.
- A single unique identifier shall be assigned to an eligible ticket to link such eligible ticket to entries. A ticket with a unique identifier may be entered into multiple promotions. Once a ticket’s unique identifier is determined to be linked to an authorized winning entry, however, the ticket with that unique identifier is not eligible to win another prize in any promotion.
- Entries entered into a Bi-Weekly Drawing shall not be carried over to any subsequent Bi-Weekly Drawing in this Promotion, nor shall they be carried over for entry in any other promotion.
- Each entrant in the Promotion may win only one prize per Entry Period drawing.
- Players are not required to retain the ticket entered for verification. If an unclaimed winning Scratch-off ticket is entered into the Promotion, it shall not be eligible for the Promotion and the Commission shall not attempt to pay the prize by way of the entry. Instead, players must bring any unclaimed winning Scratch-off ticket to a sales agent licensed to sell New York Lottery products or a New York Lottery Customer Service Center, or mail the ticket to the Commission to claim the prize associated with such winning ticket.
- Mail-in entries shall not be accepted for entry in the Promotion and shall not be returned to the sender.
- If a dispute arises over the origination of an eligible entry in the Promotion, the registered owner of the email account shall be the official entrant.
Each eligible ticket may be entered in the Promotion only one (1) time.
e. Prize Description and Award
ENTRANTS MUST HAVE A REGISTERED PLAYER ACCOUNT TO ENTER THE PROMOTION.
EACH BI-WEEKLY DRAWING SHALL AWARD:
TOTAL NUMBER TO BE AWARDED
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE OF $10,000
FIFTY (50) $500 CASH PRIZES
TWO HUNDRED FIFTY (250)
ONE HUNDRED (100) $100 PRIZES
FIVE HUNDRED (500)
Random Selection of Entries in Drawings: Entries for the Bi-Weekly Drawing prizes shall be selected from the pool of eligible drawing entries (See the drawing schedule in 2(b) Promotion Period - Effective Date(s)/Draws Eligible, above). The drawings shall be conducted by a third party utilizing a random drawing generator and overseen by a an independent auditor to ensure official drawing procedures are followed. Any winner who has been determined by the Commission to have violated any of the Promotion Official Guidelines shall be disqualified.
One (1) eligible entry drawn in a Bi-Weekly Drawing shall be awarded a $10,000 cash prize.
Fifty (50) eligible entries drawn in a Bi-Weekly Drawing shall be awarded a $500 cash prize.
One hundred (100) eligible entries drawn in a Bi-Weekly Drawing shall be awarded a $100 cash prize.
Alternate drawing entries of one hundred sixty (160) eligible entries shall be drawn randomly from the remaining pool of eligible entries, creating an “Alternate List” held in reserve in case any of the drawing entries do not meet the required criteria to be eligible as a winner. Entries drawn from the Alternate List shall be used in the event that any entry drawn is deemed ineligible or if a drawn winner fails to return a New York Lottery Winner Claim Form (“claim form”) within the time specified, if applicable.
- Winners shall receive a Winner Notification.
- Using the winner’s registration information on file, the Commission shall also notify the winner by email and follow up by phone or mail if no phone number is provided. If the required response is not received from the winner within fourteen (14) calendar days of the Commission’s first contact attempt, the prize will not be awarded and the next alternate on the Alternate List is selected.
- If neither the selected entry in a drawing nor the entry or entries from the Alternate List are verified as an eligible drawing entry or if the winner fails to provide up-to-date name, e-mail address, or telephone number information, the prize shall not be awarded, and no other entry shall be selected in the drawing.
For each winner selected, the following steps shall occur:
- The Commission shall send the winner a notification via email, stating the name of the Promotion, the draw date and the amount won and include a claim form to complete. The completed claim form (required response) must be returned to the address indicated on the bottom of the form within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date on the notification e-mail.
- Returned claim forms from the winner shall be reviewed by the Commission to verify the winner meets winner eligibility requirements.
- Each winner of a $5,000 prize or greater shall be subject to offsets as required by law.
- The cash prizes, net of any required withholdings and offsets, shall be paid directly to the winner in the form of a check and shall be mailed to the winner via the United States Postal Service. Sending a prize to an address other than that listed on the claim form shall require a notarized written notification from the winner verifying the change of address.
$500 and $100 Cash Prize Winners Validation/Notification/Fulfillment**
- Using the registration information on file, Alchemy3 LLC (“Alchemy3”) will notify each winner by email (from this, or a similar, email address:firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting confirmation of the winner’s mailing address. If there is no response from the winner within seven (7) days, Alchemy3 will follow up with the winner by phone or mail if no phone number is provided. If there is no response from the winner within seven (7) days of Alchemy3’s follow up phone call or the date on its letter, whichever is later, the prize shall not be awarded and the next alternate on the Alternate List shall be selected.
- If neither the selected entry in a drawing nor the entry or entries in the Alternate List is verified as an eligible drawing entry or if the winner fails to provide up-to-date name or e-mail address information, the prize shall not be awarded, and no other drawing entry shall be selected.
- The cash prizes shall be paid directly to the winner in the form of a check mailed by the Commission to the address found in each winner’s player’s registration profile via USPS. Sending a prize to an address other than that listed on a player registration profile shall require a notarized written notification from the winner verifying the change of address.
** Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for prize fulfillment.
f. Promotions are Subject to Applicable Laws and Regulations
Governing Law: New York Lottery promotions shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, including, but not limited to, Commission regulations.
Personal Information Notice: Taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. The Commission requires the collection of personal information to comply with the Internal Revenue Code and the New York State Tax Law income reporting and any applicable tax withholding requirements, and under the authority of New York State Tax Law Section 1604 to announce New York Lottery prize awards. If a claimant does not provide all or any part of the required personal information, the claim may not be processed, the claim may be denied, and the claimant may not be awarded a prize. The Commission’s New York Lottery’s Prize Payments Unit is the custodian of prize records and may be contacted by mail at POB 7533, Schenectady, New York 12301-7533 or by phone at (518) 388-3370. Prizes are subject to New York State Tax Law sections 1613-a, 1613-b and 1613-c. The prize amount awarded to a prize winner found to owe a person, entity, or governmental agency past-due child support, repayment of past public assistance, or liabilities for taxes, may be reduced by the amounts owed pursuant to New York State Tax Law Sections 1613-a, 1613-b and 1613-c.
Prize Award: Any prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable shall result in disqualification, and an alternate winner shall be selected. With regard to a Bi-Monthly draw, if a selected winner is contacted and fails to provide all information requested (e.g., age verification, address verification, signed publicity/liability release, affidavit as to identity, social security number, etc.) by the deadline specified by the Commission, a Bi-Monthly Drawing prize shall not be awarded, and an alternate winner shall be selected. Prizes are not for resale, cannot be redeemed for cash unless a specific cash option is incorporated as part of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable without the express written consent of the Commission, and cannot be used in conjunction with any discount, premium or rebate offer. The Commission reserves the authority to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. By acceptance of a prize, a winner agrees that the Commission, as sponsor, and its advertising and promotion agencies may use his or her name, city and state of residence, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation. Odds of winning a prize are based on the number of entries received. By entering the Promotion, an entrant agrees at all times to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Commission, as sponsor, and its advertising and promotion agencies, from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, injuries, death, accidents, losses or damages of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from any and all activity related to entering and/or participating in this Promotion or from the acceptance or use of any prize. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that the Commission and its advertising and promotion agencies, agents and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s participation in this Promotion or from acceptance or use of any prize awarded.
One account per person is permitted to participate in the Commission’s New York Lottery promotions. Each member must have unique registration credentials and a unique email address to complete registration. Any member found to have created a more than one account, or to have submitted entries from multiple accounts, shall be disqualified from the Promotion, and the member’s accounts shall be suspended. Any entry including information from a New York Lottery ticket that is mechanically reproduced, altered, mutilated, affected by any printing or other error, tampered with in any way, or not entered as specified above, is ineligible. The Commission and its advertising and promotion agencies shall not be responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries.
If any discrepancy should exist between these Official Guidelines and any promotional material describing this Promotion, these Official Guidelines shall govern.
Offer void where prohibited or restricted.
Player Ineligibility: No New York Lottery ticket shall be sold to any person under the age of 18 years. No New York Lottery ticket shall be sold to or purchased by and no prize shall be paid to any member, officer or employee of the Commission or any member, officer or employee of the Department of Taxation and Finance whose duties directly relate to the operation of the New York Lottery, and any spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household of the foregoing persons. No New York Lottery ticket shall be sold to, purchased by and no prize shall be paid to any contractor, subcontractor, consultant or officer, or employee of a contractor, subcontractor or consultant, if such person is directly involved in the production of tickets, the operation or observation of games or drawings, the processing of prize claims or payments or the development of marketing materials or any person subject to a contract with the Commission if such contract contains a provision prohibiting such person from purchasing a ticket or receiving a prize. Player ineligibility terms as stated above shall also apply to all promotion entries and awards.
Discretionary Matters: If, for any reason, the promotion is not completed as planned due to, without limitation, errors in these Official Guidelines or advertising for this promotion, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error or any other cause beyond the control of the Commission that, in the sole judgment of the Commission, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Commission reserves the authority, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
Official Winners List: A winners list shall be posted on the NYLskeeball.com website for one month after the final drawing date of the Promotion.
Disputes: In any and all events, the liability and responsibility of the Commission for any tickets described or disputed in these Official Guidelines shall be limited to the replacement of such ticket in that or an equivalently priced other New York Lottery game.
Please Play Responsibly. New Yorkers struggling with a gambling addiction, or who know someone who is, can find help by calling the State's toll-free, confidential HOPEline at 1-877-8-HOPENY (1-877-846-7369) or by texting HOPENY (467369). ***
***Standard text rates may apply.